- A coarse blackish seaweed (Fuscus nodosus).
- A strong or offensive taste; especially, a taste of something extraneous to the thing itself; as, wine or cider has a tang of the cask.
- Fig.: A sharp, specific flavor or tinge. Cf. Tang a twang.
- A projecting part of an object by means of which it is secured to a handle, or to some other part; anything resembling a tongue in form or position.
- The part of a knife, fork, file, or other small instrument, which is inserted into the handle.
- The projecting part of the breech of a musket barrel, by which the barrel is secured to the stock.
- The part of a sword blade to which the handle is fastened.
- The tongue of a buckle.
- A sharp, twanging sound; an unpleasant tone; a twang.
4 letters in word "tang": A G N T.
Anagrams of tang:
Words found within tang: